Best VPN for Chromebook
Chromebooks are web-dependent notebooks with amazing versatility. Since Chromebook is a web-dependent device, it is important that you have an internet connection that is secure.
How to Setup a VPN on Chromebook
Prior to installing VPN, you need to setup your Chromebook to run apps. If you have already enabled Android apps to run on your Chromebook, then you can skip directly to setup VPN on Chromebook.
- Unlock your Chromebook
- Click on your image in the bottom-right corner of your screen to bring up options
- Select “Settings”
- Go to “Android Apps” and click the checkbox beside “Enable Android Apps to run on your Chromebook”
- A new window will pop up. Click “Get Started”
- Review the “Terms of Service” and agree to them
- The Google Play Store is now installed and you will have an icon on your screen to access it
After activating Google Play, you can install your VPN service.
- Signup for VPN service at your provider’s website
- Click on the Google Play Store icon and login.
- Search for your provider’s Chromebook VPN client and select it from the search results.
- Click Install
- If you are prompted to accept permissions, click “Accept.”
- Once the installation completes you can launch the app from the icon on your screen.
- Upon launch, select your preferred server and click connect to successfully connect to your Chromebook VPN.
How to Choose a Chromebook VPN
Every VPN service claims to be the best, but further research will reveal which provider live up to their promises. Now that you know how to use a VPN on Chromebook to protect your privacy, you need to know what to look for in a provider. When determining which service is best for you, look for ALL of the following features:
- Military Grade Encryption – strong VPN encryption of AES-256 or better ensures that nobody can intercept your data.
- No Bandwidth Caps – some services will slow your speeds when you use too much dat
- Optimized VPN Servers – some services offer servers which are optimized for streaming, torrenting and other activities.
- Large Global Network – the only way to get around georestrictions is to have servers around the globe.
- Multiple Device Connectivity – You want to be able to connect more than just your Chromebook to VPN. Make sure you can connect at least three devices.
- Strong Wi-Fi Security – Chromebook depends on Wi-Fi so you want a Chromebook VPN client with strong Wi-Fi security to stop sniffers and hackers.
Why You Need a VPN for Chromebook
With much of the world living on the cloud, the evolution of notebooks to Chromebook was inevitable. If you use a Chromebook, then you need VPN to stay safe and secure. Here’s the top reasons you need a Chromebook VPN.
- Bypass global georestrictions and access content from anywhere in the world.
- Secure data connections with state of the art data encryption technology.
- Prevent computer hackers from accessing your personal information or your Chromebook.
- Block web tracking devices that tell sites and third parties about your internet activities.
- Prevent malware infections through advanced VPN filtering of data and downloads.
- Secure WiFi connections to protect your device and personal identity wherever you use your Chromebook.